Specific Equipment Company began building customized fluid handling packages for the offshore petroleum industry in 1967. SPECIFIC started building reverse osmosis watermakers for hotels and resorts in 1988. Since then our customer base has expanded to include the Caribbean, Bahamas, and Mexico.
A high standard of engineering and manufacturing quality as well as the selection of top of the line components characterizes the systems that SPECIFIC has shipped to the field. Please take a look at the standard SPECIFIC water purification system setout below and let us quote the next time an opportunity arises.
STANDARD SEAWATER SYSTEMS
Our standard seawater Reverse Osmosis systems for hotels, municipalities and other land base installations are fully self-contained with production capacities from 26,000 to 400,000 GPD. Multiple systems can be installed in parallel utilizing common cleaning and flush systems. Optional energy recovery devices can recover over 85% of the energy available in the reject stream.
- Automatic inlet feed valve
- Cartridge filtration
- Dual or triplex multi-media filtration sized for manual backwash of one while continuing system operation.
- Reciprocating pumps with nickel aluminum bronze fluid end; for long life and simplicity.
- Suction and discharge pulsation dampeners (non-corrosive).
- A membrane flux rate below 10 GFD to extend membrane life and minimize fouling.
- PLC driven control panel
- Conductivity monitor/controller driven product diverter valve to dump unacceptable water.
- Automatic seawater flush on startup
- Automatic freshwater flush on shutdown
- Flow meter and gauge panel; all gauges glycerin filled with 316 s.s. tube and socket
- Permanently piped membrane cleaning system
- Passivation treatment of all welded 316L s.s. piping
- Nema 4X electrical equipment
- TEFC electric motors
Standard Reverse Osmosis Models and Specifications for Land Based Applications
Installation planning, start-up assistance and operator training are part of every R.O. proposal. Specific Equipment includes after service monotoring at no charge to it's customers. Technical support in the field is provided by trained local distributors or factory trained personnel. Field service is available for both Specific watermakers as well as systems built by other manufacturers
SPECIFIC EQUIPMENT COMPANY
Specific Equipment Company has been solving fluid handling problems for customers all around the world since 1967. The product line includes fluid handling systems for water, fuel and crude oil as well as reverse osmosis systems to purify or desalinate water. Over the years SPECIFIC has developed standard packages that serve as a starting point in preparing many quotations. However, the company philosophy is to offer a system that is tailored to the particular needs of the problem at hand, a "SPECIFIC SOLUTION."
Product quality at Specific starts with conservative design by experienced engineers followed by selection of proven components, vigilant QC supervision during manufacturing and thorough testing of the finished product prior to shipment. We have built a reputation for shipping equipment that is often called overdesigned. We are proud of that.